These 23 hands-on experiments will turn little scientists into budding meteorologists! The Thames and Kosmos Climate & Weather Experiment Kit provides the materials to build a model of the earth and its atmosphere and the 48-page, full-color manual will guide kids to do and learn and:
- Show how the global wind system works
- Trace air currents
- Model the earth's heat reservoirs, thermals, and global and local winds
- Recreate ocean currents
- Simulate the earth's rotation and revolution
- Learn how the sun affects the weather daily and seasonally
- Learn about the climatic zones and the composition of the atmosphere
- Experiment to see how carbon dioxide levels affect temperature.
- Explore the hydrological cycle to learn about humidity, clouds, and precipitation
- Build a simple barometer
- Set up a rain gauge
- Track the temperature
Ages 10 & up.